Skip to main content

A Little Piece of France...here in NYC




I remember Paris.  This is New York.Paris is the "City of Lights" New York is the "city that never sleeps" In comparing both of these cities, there is always so much to see and do and...EAT. There is fabulous cuisine around every corner, even down to the smallest section of the city where you would least expect it.

In NYC I give you Paname!

It was my birthday and I wanted to spend a day in 'my hometown.  Sounds hokey, I know. However as I said explore, find something you have not seen or done in a long time or even something you have never done and go out and do that very thing.  It will make you happy. My spouse and I did just that.  We spent the morning  trolling through a few museums, made our way to see one Central Park landmark and ended our evening at this French restaurant called Paname (which is the slang for Paris).

The menus offered ranged from a standard mix and match to a 3-course Prix Fixe meal. 

Seafood is their specialty and they certainly lived up to it.  We chose the prix fixe because it was the best value and you would receive an appetizer, entree and dessert all for under $40.00 per person.  I ordered the tomato mozzarella and basil appetizer with the Penne Shrimp au Vermouth and the Creme Brulee for dessert. Well seriously Creme Brulee is the most awesome french dessert ever!   


The entire staff was attentive, We did not want for water because our glasses were never empty.  We loved the atmosphere, the food, and the ambiance.  There was soft music playing in the air, dimmed lighting as the dinner crowd arrived, fresh flowers and candles on every table.  These little touches added to an already chic decor and you have that little taste of Paris here in the good ole U.S. of A.

I was very pleased at the level of service provided at this local establishment.  Local in this case fit for the atmosphere and the food, although the taste was very chic and European.

My husband whom has never eaten French food before was impressed as well.

I wholeheartedly recommend that if you are ever on the East side of Manhattan in the mid to upper 50's that you stop in for the food, the atmosphere and the #new yorkbestvalue.
  
Paname C’est Paris - 1068 2nd Ave. NYC, 10022
between  56 & 57 Streets


*** I was invited to a complimentary meal for two in exchange for my honest and unbiased review. I am not affiliated with the company/ restaurant and did not receive any compensation from them. ***



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strong, Functional Umbrella

This is absolutely the best umbrella I have owned in a long time!  It is functional and fashionable!  I bought the turquoise blue because I am so tired of the sea of black umbrellas I see every time it rains.  I wish more people would have bright colored umbrellas to brighten up those dreary rainy days.  But I regress... This umbrella is different from the moment you get it home.  You can see the difference in just the opening of it when you see the sleeve it comes in and the material the sleeve is made of.  The umbrella is made of that same material. It is thicker than your standard umbrellas you can see that and the material feel is soft yet durable. When you see the handle it has the auto open/close button and a wrist strap.  The feel of the handle is almost like those plush microfiber materials yet made of plastic.  It felt very comfortable in hand and did not slip. When you finally open the umbrella there is a black 'powdercoat' on...

Cute and Functional Desk Accessory

This is a really cute and functional product.  I got this flag for my desk for reasons of needing people to know when I am busy or not, in the office or not, have time or don't etc. It is printed on a very nice plastic and was easily wiped off when I got a little liquid on it before I installed it on the desk.  The metal clip is easy to use.  Just peel off the backing and position where you choose.  The flag clips in easily and holds sturdily and moves in a 360 degree fashion.  When I put the flag up it stays without falling. This item would be great for family reunions, tour groups, big corporate conventions, even for office accents in workers cubicles for a little touch of whimsy.  You can visit their website here at Deskflags.com and see for yourself their stock designs or if you want you can call them at 615-750-5972 or e-mail customflag@deskflags.com. #deskflags Disclosure: I received this product for free in exchange for an honest and...

Listerine UltraClean - Keeps Mouths Clean and Fresh

As you can see I have been a very busy person with product reviews the past month and this one is  slightly different.  Its not food!  It actually helps after eating / drinking. The Listerine UltraClean product in Arctic Mint which I received seemed different than other Listerine products I have tried in the past.  It was lighter blue in color and smelled fresher and not medicinal. The first time I tried this product, I noted a difference in the taste as well as the overall feel of the product when rinsing.  I  followed the directions of the correct amount to use and the time to rinse of 30 seconds.  I then ran my tongue across my teeth and noticed a clean feeling that can only come after brushing, flossing and rinsing.  I used the product 2X a day and after about a week noticed a difference in the overall health of my mouth.  I no longer had a bad breath feel in the mornings upon waking because the product probably continued to work ...